Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Core Damn-namics

Abs. I have some. Somewhere in there. My husband and I were talking about "6-packs" today, or any sort of pack for that matter, and I informed him that I will never have a pack, but will always have what I recently coined a "Capri Sun pouch" or a "juice pouch". Basically implying that it will always be squeezable. Always be moveable. And will always be squishy. Thankfully for me, he finds that to be delightful instead of repulsive. He's a good man.
Today is Tuesday and Tuesday is Core Dynamics day. I haven't been in a couple of weeks due to the instructors schedule and mine but today was the day I returned. Last Thursday I had a very mild surgery on my right calf, and it's taken a couple of days to get back and walking normally, since my muscle was hacked into pretty significantly. I am still haunted by what sounded like scissors cutting into raw chicken, knowing that the chicken in the scenario was my precious, perfectly formed calf muscle. Anyways, moving on. Today was my first Core class back, and I figured it would be just fine, considering the core is a mighty long ways away from the calf. And I was fine. There was one exercise (out of many) that slightly hurt, causing me to take it a little slower, but other than that it would have been considered the perfect exercise for a calf cripple such as myself. My little brain, on the other hand, had an entirely different take on the matter. Remember how I said I have mastered the power of persuasion? Yep, even on myself. Crunch after crunch, push up after push up, I kept searching for the slightest twinge of pain as a way out of the exercise. What is the matter with me?! Am I not the one who complains about having a juice pouch! Days like today remind me just how much health and well-being are found almost entirely in the mind. Core Dynamics has been rightfully changed to Core Damn-namics today, because the damn class kicked my derrier. But really, you should try it sometime!

Now I'm off to go make some banana oatmeal cookies. I know, I know. It doesn't make any sense.


Peace, love & compression bras

1 comment:

  1. If I can vouch for you... those banana oatmeal cookies were in the healthy section of the cookbook.
    And they were very much recommended as a "post-workoutt snack."

    ReplyDelete