Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day Seven: Feet Like Feathers

I went shopping today. If we could go back in time, about three to ten years, I would say, "OMG I looove to shop", but because I am in the latter half of my twenties, and have become "a woman" I have lost almost all of the joy I once found in clothes shopping. It has been replaced with home decor shopping. I could (and would) buy things for my home every day.. but my husband would fly home from across the world and personally scold me and cut up my debit card. So I don't do this, but I do window shop and dream. What I feel like most young women don't think about is how very much their body will begin to "suck" someday, unless they make the effort to show it some love. So, having said that, I think you can get an idea as to why I hate clothes shopping... because I'm a little behind on showing this bod some "love", and my "behind" has a few things to say about it. By the Lord's sweet, sweet grace, today's shopping experience wasn't a complete self-esteem slapper. Let me tell you, TJ Maxx and Marshall's are the places to go when in the market for some decent active wear. I got some sweet deals... like a super hot wind and rain resistant jacket that was originally $130 and I got it for $34.99... Yeah buddy! It's the perfect weight to run in on cold, rainy days like today. Needless to say, the success of this shopping trip paved the way for an awesome running sesh today.
I mapped out my route and got in 2.3 miles. I know it's not very much, but please remember that I am not a runner. I'm a walk/run/walk-er. I'm a "run for 45 seconds and realize that my calves hurt so really seriously think about stopping" type of "runner". So to run so far that a random passer-byer could actually mistake me for an athlete is such a huge success it's ridiculous. If there were little thought bubbles popping out of my head with each car that drove by they would read something like this, "Man, I wonder if I look like I know what I'm doing. I wonder if they think I look like I'm doing really awesome. I wonder if them seeing me is making them feel bad that they aren't out running in this crap weather. I wonder if none of those things are possible because of the snail pace at which I am running." Those are a lot of thoughts, you say? Yeah... my brain is pretty high-speed. Unlike my body.

Annnnywaaaays, I ran. It felt great. Actually, it sucked major until about 1.45 miles, then I began to kick some serious ass and was running faster, harder and a million times better. I mean, I was nearly to my vehicle and I decided to detour and keep going, simply because I didn't want to end such a rare experience! It was like a glimpse into what other real runners must feel. I liked it. Actually, I loved it! It's really too bad it took me so long to get to that point. It'd be awesome if it felt that way right out of the shoot.

So anyways, there you have it. AND, I remembered to bring water with me. AND I stretched... a lot. I was very much at the top of my game tonight. Be impressed.

I began reading a book that a dear friend of mine told me about quite some time ago. I am very encouraged about where this book will take me. I believe that one of the reasons why I am twenty six and still trying to get this figured out is because I don't like doing things when I'm told I should. I usually only like doing them when I want to. So, with that said, I don't believe that I will ever find success if I keep doing what others tell me I "need to do". I'm going to do what I "want to do". Through this book, I am being given the opportunity to shed light on why it is that I crave what I do. Why I resort to defeat 9 times out of 10. What I'm actually craving. I look forward to sharing with you, as I figure out the ever-so complicated thing that is my mind. All I can say is that it's a good thing I left my stash of candy at home. If you are interested in reading more about the book, you can go here.

Tomorrow I start painting. Tomorrow I begin my journey to completely ripped arms and shoulders. Tomorrow I begin painting number one of eight hundred-some door frames. Oh, tomorrow...

Peace, love and thought bubbles

No comments:

Post a Comment