Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day SixTEEN: Dang You, Achilles!

Shame on me... I just caught myself wasting precious blogging time perusing facebook. That stupid social networking site has stolen many hours from me... but I will continue to let it take them.

I ran Saturday with my nephew. He did awesome!


I did not.

I mean I didn't do horrible, but I also did pretty much not great. We ran in a new place, and I was with a person, and we only went 2 miles... so I didn't have a chance to reach my awesome mode and rock it out. All in all I felt pretty bad afterwards because I knew I didn't push myself.


I also ate pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast. That might have had something to do with it.

Yesterday I sat the day out (from running, not life) due to an extremely painful Achilles tendon. Not sure why it hurt, but it hurt real bad. Icing it definitely helped me be better prepared for today. I ran, once again, in a new place (which always poses as a problem for me), and was able to do four laps before it got dark. That ended up being 3.78 miles, which is definitely not 4 miles, but is still my furthest distance yet.


Tomorrow I have to do 4.5... PLEASE pray for my calves. They are not up to speed on this newfound running career.

Peace


and love and such

No comments:

Post a Comment