Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Oh Theo

So I was in bed, enjoying my sleep when my little chubby puggle began to bark. Now, I am the type of person who freaks myself out, and basically creates and performs a horror film in my mind in a matter of seconds. So, needless to say, it took some time, guts, and a weapon brainstorming session to get out of our room and let him outside.

He just needed to poop.

So here I lay, in bed, eyes wide open, for the last hour and a half. I can't fall back asleep. Dang it! This is definitely going to alter my workout plans for the day.

I know I've decided to run every MWF at 9, but there are two things that I would like to try today, consequently hindering my running schedule (which is alright by me, considering my 5k is in the past). I am tempted to try out the Wednesday Spin class again, and see if I can have a better go at it now that my leg is healed up. Also, I am reaching a point where I am getting sick of just watching all of the awesome CrossFit chicks and want to become one... by starting with the beginners class (woo hoo!). That is Monday and Wednesday nights... so, I think that when I do finally get up (which might be sooner than planned) I will have to decide which one I will do (because I just might die if I do both... and burn my whole days worth of calories in the process).

I can't lie to you. I'm nervous to try CrossFit. As much as I talk about how I know how we all feel when we workout, I have my no-fly zones in the gym.. and the CrossFit area is one of them. It's right in the middle of everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. I'm not dumb, and neither are you... we can all admit to watching people in the gym, and can also agree that doing so is one of the perks of going. Don't lie. So, walking into a situation where I feel as though I could be one of the lame-O's who is being "watched" is rather unsettling. But thats the point of this blog, and my adventure, isn't it? To try it all out so that you guys don't have to go in without knowing at least one person's opinion on the matter? Well, alright, I guess I will try it. Either today, or next Monday... or maybe next Wednesday. I can do this all day, so I might as well just stop myself now.

Something I have been thinking about recently is all of these diet pills, drink mixes and other rubbish. Now, I am not a believer in using them, mostly because I don't want to be the person who feels that it's ok to take something "unnatural" to my body in order to get results that I could get if I just got my big butt off of the couch. Also, I have heard of people becoming quite addicted to them, and I try to make it a habit to stay away from addictive things. I already have a hell of a time with sugar, why add anything else to the mix. Anyways, in order to feed my curiosity I decided to research them a little online, because really, I didn't even know what exactly was bad about them in the first place. As I read reviews and ingredients, there was one thing that really stuck out to me and was unsettling... so many people were raving about how they were losing "x"lbs. a week and they "weren't even exercising at all!" Ok, maybe that sounds like awesome, brag-worthy information to them, but to me it is just sad. Maybe it is the fact that I have learned so much about what my body is capable of, and what I am capable of through becoming more active that I just couldn't imagine taking the easy route on this one. That is part of the whole deal... experiencing the horrific pain, waking up unable to move and sweating more than you ever thought possible. To the couch potato, the above list could easily sound like the most horrible thing ever. But to the Studly workout buff, it sounds just wonderful! And I gotta say, I am so thankful to be on the side that enjoys those feelings. Because even if my body hasn't changed much in these last 5 months, I know that I have. And I am a much better person than I was 5 months ago. So I implore you... don't take the easy way. It will never be worth it when it comes to your health, I can guarantee you that. Do the work, sweat the sweat and come out of it better than you were going in.

I was able to find a really good, organic multi-vitamin to take, that also helps with endurance and an active lifestyle, and I am looking forward to seeing how that helps. I never realized that the best place to start, with regards to supplements and exercise, is a daily multi-vitamin. So I guess all of those Flintstone vitamins were supposed to teach me a lesson all of those years ago. If you're curious and thinking about starting to use one or more supplements, take the time and do the research. You'll be glad you did.

Alright, I should just get up and make some coffee...


Peace, love & puggles who poop in the night

No comments:

Post a Comment